Who are we?
The Nutrition Alchemy™ is a Nutri-Tech firm that works in the space of Food & Nutrition, Consumer Health and Digital Technology. It is our belief that good nutrition knowledge and practices must be democratised through technology solutions and positively impact the health of our communities.
We are inspired by the vision of a healthier India, where citizens are empowered to make informed and mindful choices of what they eat, to keep themselves emotionally and physically healthy, with less dependence on curative interventions.
Rashida Vapiwala is founder of The Nutrition Alchemy™
A Nutritionist with a Master’s degree in Foods, Nutrition & Dietetics and a PhD scholar studying the current scenario of the packaged food & beverage industry and consumer behaviour, Rashida has been awarded the Junior Research Fellowship by the University Grants Commission, India and the Dr K.U.Naram award for a distinguished performance in academics at post-graduate level.
Rashida has been felicitated with respectable certifications, like –
1. QMS 9001:2018 Internal Auditor – TUV India Pvt Ltd. TUV Nord Group
2. Micronutrient and Food Fortification Training Program – Project Healthy Children (PHC) & Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), USA.
3. Food Safety Supervisor Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
4. Nutrition & Chronic Disease Research Methods – Centre for Chronic Disease Control & PHFI.
5. Nutrigenomic Counsellor – DNALife, South Africa and Genombio Technologies Pvt Ltd., Pune.
6. Nutrition for Exercise and Fitness – University of Mumbai.
7. Nutrition Research Methods – St. John’s Research Institute, Bangalore, India in collaboration with Harvard University, USA and Tufts University, USA.
She has over 8 years of experience in food product development, product management, concept-menu engineering for restaurants, nutrition profiling of products and menus, food safety and regulatory compliance (FSSAI), content development and brand communications. She is a skilled strategist for corporate wellness programs, a lifestyle coach on medical nutrition therapy, a public speaker at various health forums and a writer for print and digital media.
Rashida is a life member of Indian Dietetics Association and Nutrition Society of India.